Work In Progress
This article is still being written. Please consult the other authors working on this project before editing.
List of nations by economic and military strengthEdit
A general list of economic and military strength, c. 2000 S.R. (= international unions)
|Nation||Population||GNP in Luddoviccan Ducat||GNP per capita in Ducat||Military spending by % of GNP||Military spending in thousands of Ducat|
- ↑ GNP refers to Gross National Product. GNP is the market value of all the products and services produced in one year by labour and property supplied by the citizens of a country. Unlike gross domestic product (GDP), which defines production based on the geographical location of production, GNP allocates production based on location of ownership. This is especially important considering the fluctuating borders of the nations of the North.
- ↑ Calculated using Gilderdammen's total GNP and population, and is in no way an accurate estimation of per capita GNP for every nation that makes up the Empire
- ↑ Calculated from total GNP and total military spending in LDD. The precise percentage is 14.2287835474%.
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 Part of the Empire of Gilderdammen.
- ↑ Excluding government-contracted mercenaries. A large portion of this expenditure is spent to suppress strikes and riots by the nation's workers, students, and the poor and unemployed.
- ↑ Accounts for spending for National Liberation Army, National Guard, and the Military Police.
- ↑ Due to its own declared neutrality, religious importance and isolation from the main continent, Delvarra has historically not required a standing army. For the large part, its military budget funds royal and ecclesiastical guards.
- ↑ Population statistic only includes officially registered citizens
- ↑ Krantschfell does not have a standing army. All costs go to the contracting of mercenaries drawn from the Stallion-adherent nations as ecclesiastical guards.
- ↑ Refers to spending on the Hygrras Navy, a naval force of hand-picked outlaws that ensure the rule of the Kasi-Kaier, and as a last defence against the "lawful" fleets of other nations. These are officially separate from any other fleets of pirates that are contracted by the Kasi-Kaier, which are generally lumped together with all pirates of all motives under the Hygrassi sun.
- ↑ A significant portion of Vasque's population is that of subsistence farmers, and in the north, hunter-gatherers, both groups of whom have no real dependance on currency to survive