|Empire of Gilderdammen|
|Гилдердамменнй Цудоѳу (Gilderdammenny Tsudoóu)|
|Motto:||None beneath the sun surpass the Middle Kingdom.|
Map of Gilderdammen
- Emperor: None (Vacant Emperorship)
|Legislature:||College of Electors|
|State religion:||Church of The Stallion|
|Geography & Demographics|
approx. 932,100 sq mi
|Population:||13.3 million (95% Men)|
|Ethnic groups:||Tearvingaul (98%)|
Work In Progress
This article is still being written. Please consult the other authors working on this project before editing.
Gilderdammen is a complex of territories dominating center and northern coast of The Gloaming North. It was formed in 675 S.R. when the Tearvingaul King Maxmilian of Sigiswald, who had embraced The Stallion at the guidance of Altane missionaries in his court, defeated his rivals with the aid of Altane mercenaries. The petty kings and chieftains of the Tearvingauls named the victorious Maxmilian High King of all Tearvingauls. Equinex Agenor I then crowned him Emperor, to be The Stallion's Champion against the heathen line of Tsars in the Vuscovi Lands. Religion aside, the Tearvingauls maintain their tradition of Moots which evolved over time to the College of Electors. Where once every chief might cast a vote for the High King, the College was eventually narrowed down to the most prominent and powerful of the high nobility, ten in all, an inauspicious number that would cause numerous conflicts.
Once dominating much of The Gloaming North’s heartlands and northern coast, decades of civil war has caused it to lose some of its holdings to internal coups and secession. The conflict is primarily based on who should ascend the throne after the disappearance of Rupert IV. The fact that all the original candidates are dead has done little to stop the war.
Unification of the Tearvingauls (675 S.R.)Edit
The Ride to End Giant Aggression (1025 - 1041 S.R.)Edit
The Ride of Shame (1400 - 1413 S.R.)Edit
The Ride of Southern Liberation (1731 - 1740 S.R.)Edit
The Disappearance of Rupert IV (1920 S.R.)Edit
The Gilderdammen Civil War (1928 S.R. - Ongoing)Edit
Roster of EmperorsEdit
- Maxmilian Alven I (Reigned from 675 to X S.R., hailed from Sigiswald) United the tribes and petty states of the Tearvingauls, first Emperor of Gilderdammen.
- Rupert Alven I (Reigned from 675 to 720 S.R., hailed from Sigiswald)
- Rudolf Alven I (Reigned from 720 to 743 S.R., hailed from Sigiswald)
- Rupert Alven II (Reigned from 743 to 772, hailed from Sigiswald)
- Maxmilian Alven II (Reigned from 772 to 810 S.R., hailed from Sigiswald)
- Leopold I (hailed from Jandersctaff)
- Hermann I (Reigned from 1371 to 1396 S.R., hailed from Jandersctaff)
- Lambert I (Reigned from 1396 to 1415 S.R., hailed from Jandersctaff) Allegedly bribed the Equinex Orestes II to initiate a Ride against Nevira, which was fought solely between Gilderdammen and Nevira.
- Rupert Alven III (Reigned from 1884 to 1918 S.R., hailed from Sigiswald)
- Rupert Alven IV (Reigned from 1918 to 1920 S.R., hailed from Sigiswald) The "Child Emperor," disappeared early in his reign, a mystery which has yet to be solved. No Emperor has been elected since.
The thirty seven autonomous states that comprise Gilderdammen are:
The eleven member states of Gilderdammen and two vassal states of currently controlled by the People's Republic of Janderschstaff are:
Top: Map of greater Gilderdammen, including all territories under the present control of Janderschstaff and Braeden in the north. Bottom: Clickable map of the Gilderdammic heartland, divided into its major constituting nations (excluding Braeden).